Find Emergency Rental Assistance programs

Enter your zip code to get started

Need Assistance?

Most government agencies will assist you with finding a rental that participates in their subsidy program. Many non-governmental and non-profit agencies will assist you with emergency rental funds so you can stay in the rental that you already live in. Most of the time funds are paid directly to the landlord. Be prepared to provide proof of residence and financial need.

Find a listing in your State

Latest Listings

Thanks to our dedicated staff and contributions from users like you, we are constantly adding and updating rent assistance office locations.

Special Health Resources For Texas Inc. - Rental Assistance

1308 Clinic Drive
Tyler, TX - 75701

Arapahoe County Community Support Services Division Aurora

14980 E. Alameda Dr.
Aurora, CO - 80012
(303) 636-1170

Shiawassee County DHS Owosso Michigan

1720 E. Main Street, Ste. 1
Owosso, MI - 48867
(989) 725-3200

Connecticut Department of Social Services - Northern Regional Office, Hartford

3580 Main St.
Hartford, CT - 06120
(855) 424-5581

Katy Christian Ministries - Social Services

5504 First Street
Katy, TX - 77493
(281) 391-9623

Hillsdale County DHS

40 Care Drive
Hillsdale, MI - 49242
(517) 439-2200

The Salvation Army Magnolia AR

1215 North Jackson
Magnolia, AR - 71754
(870) 234-2963

Tropical Texas Behavioral Health - Rental Assistance

1901 South 24th Avenue
Edinburg, TX - 78539

How it Works

Rent Assistance lists thousands of local agencies and non-profit organizations that can help you pay your rent or find a better rate.

Find a listing

Find an agency near you. Start by searching by state or zip code.

Contact Your Local Housing Authority

Contact the agency using the preferred method of contact listed on the page or following the instructions listed. Some agencies require that you register online on their website or that you call.

Apply for assistance

Once you have been deemed eligible for a program prepare the necessary documentation for submission. All agencies are different and provide different types of assistance.