Emergency Rental Assistance Programs include the government ERAP programs that provide financial assistance to help households pay for rent and utilities.
In addition to ERAPs, there are a number of other resources available to renters who are struggling to afford their rent. These resources include:
- Rental assistance programs from non-profit organizations
- State and local government programs
- Utility assistance programs
When contacting a non-profit organization for rental assistance, be sure to ask about the following:
- Eligibility requirements: Who is eligible for rental assistance from the organization?
- Application process: How do you apply for rental assistance?
- Types of assistance offered: Does the organization offer one-time assistance, ongoing assistance, or both?
- How much assistance is offered: How much money can you receive in rental assistance?
- Other resources: Does the organization offer any other resources that may be helpful to you, such as food assistance, job training, or childcare assistance?
To qualify for rental assistance programs from non-profit organizations in Nevada, you will typically need to meet the following criteria:
- You must be a renter who is struggling to afford your rent.
- You must have a household income below a certain level, which varies depending on the program.
- You may also need to meet other requirements, such as having a valid Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), or being a U.S. citizen or legal immigrant.
Some non-profit organizations may also have additional requirements, such as:
- You must have been evicted from your home in the past 90 days.
- You must have a disability.
- You must be a veteran.
- You must be a senior citizen.
To apply for a rental assistance program from a non-profit organization, you will typically need to complete an application and provide documentation of your income, assets, and household composition. You may also need to provide a copy of your lease agreement and proof of any financial hardship that you are experiencing.
1849 Civic Center Drive, Las Vegas, NV - 89030
PO Box 10100, Reno, NV - 89520
1535 Old Hot Springs Road Suite 50 , Carson City, NV - 89706
1201 N. Decatur, Suite 106, Las Vegas, NV - 89108
1975 Arie Ave, Laughlin, NV - 89029
73 Spectrum Blvd., Las Vegas, NV - 89101
4794 S. Eastern Avenue, Suite C , Las Vegas, NV - 89119
737 Veterans Memorial Drive, Las Vegas, NV - 89101
1640 E. Flamingo Road #100, Las Vegas, NV - 89119
3695 Desatoya Drive, Carson City, NV - 89701