San Diego Housing Commission - Rent Assistance

Home    California    San Diego       

San Diego Housing Commission - Rent Assistance

1122 Broadway
San Diego, CA - 92101

  • (619) 231-9400

About San Diego Housing Commission - Rent Assistance

Last-Modified: 2024-02-09 23:04:48

The San Diego Housing Commission provides rental assistance, section 8, home buyers assistance, state rental housing, and public housing.
Rent Assistance Program:

The program gives priority to paying past-due, unpaid rent, they pay 80% of a tenants past-due, unpaid rent, but only if the landlord agrees to waive the remaining 20 percent
Rent payments will be made by direct deposit to the landlord and/or utility provider.
If a landlord declines to accept payment, the program will provide a payment to the tenant. Rent payments will equal 25 percent of the rent the tenant owes.
Eligibility:
Tenant has a City of San Diego address.
Household income is at or below 80 percent of San Diegos Area Median Income (AMI)
Household has an obligation to pay rent.
At least one member of the household has a reduction of income or other financial hardship due to COVID-19.
Household experienced or is at risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.




Mission Statement: Provide affordable, safe, and quality homes for low- and moderate-income families and individuals in the City of San Diego and to provide opportunities to improve the quality of life for the families that SDHC serves.

Photo Gallery

  • img01
  • img01

User questions & answers

Do you have a question for San Diego Housing Commission - Rent Assistance?
Ask it here.



Help Users by answering their questions below


548
votes

Do they offer emergency cash to pay rent?

1 Answers so far
Answer:
Yes they do.
Added Sunday, July 25, 2021


184
votes

What documents are required to apply for cash payment help?

1 Answers so far
Answer:
i.d and SSI card
Added Wednesday, December 23, 2020


58
votes

Do you know if a person collecting unemployment can qualify to get rent assistance at this location?

No one has answered this question yet.
Answer:

0
votes

How can I find out where I'm at on the section 8 waiting list?

1 Answers so far
Answer:
Call
Added Wednesday, May 3, 2023


0
votes

How can I apply?

No one has answered this question yet.
Answer:

14 Reviews of San Diego Housing Commission - Rent Assistance

image

Mar 18, 2020

Hello my name is gloria roberts i got a 3 day eviction notice would your agency be able to help me i live in national city ca 91950 thank you

image

May 5, 2020

Behind on my rent...senior citizen

image

May 16, 2020

I need assistance for living , single mother with 4 kids . Thank you so much!

Clifford image

Aug 4, 2020

I need assistance with my rent

image

Aug 16, 2020

I have to move out asap. I'm a senior citizen and my income is $1009. I have not been able to find anything I can afford.I live in East Country and want to stay on this area. It's really frustrating. Rent is just outrageous. I really need help. Thank you (I vented a bit didn't I)

image

Sep 25, 2020

Currently staying in a hotel, have unemployment benefits coming in, but need help with pay for our room

image

Nov 8, 2020

I NEED housing assistance homeless senior

image

Dec 9, 2020

I've been on the waiting list for awhile now and I'm not sure what is going on with the place

image

Dec 23, 2020

Need help applying for low income apt. I am 58 yrs old. And receive$706 from Ssi

image

Apr 4, 2021

Seeking help for housing for seniors on a fixed income in North San Diego County.

image

Apr 10, 2021

Is there any way you guys can help with rent and utilities

image

Jun 19, 2021

I live In a hotel with my 5kids how can you help me

image

Jul 29, 2021

Hello I am a single mom with a high school student. I’m looking for housing in south bound area low income. I don’t have a place of our own living with a friend. Need a place for my son and me.

image

Aug 8, 2021

I WANT TO APPLY AND I ALREADY HAVE AN APPLICATION IN SDHC AND NEED TO UPDATE.

Write a Review

Office Hours of operation

  • Day Hours
  • Monday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
  • Tuesday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
  • Wednesday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
  • Thursday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
  • Friday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
  • Saturday closed
  • Sunday closed