About All Saints Episcopal Church - Loaves and Fishes
Last-Modified: 2020-03-03 20:10:40
All Saints Episcopal Church - Loaves and Fishes Provides limited financial assistance, usually no more than $20-30, to help pay for:
- Utilities-electric, water, gas, telephone, and utility/telephone hookup fees.
- Housing expenses-rent including rent for transitional housing, rental deposits usually for Section 8 clients, first month\'s rent, mortgage, and moving costs.
Occasionally assists with storage fees.
- Medical expenses-prescriptions, medical bills, dental bills, eye exam bills, and eyeglasses.
- Transportation expenses-gasoline vouchers, Capital Metro single-use and monthly bus passes/tickets, and limited partial one-way, long-distance bus ticket assistance.
- Identification expenses-Texas ID cards, Texas driver\'s licenses, and birth certificates.
- Education expenses-GED test and classes, school supplies HEB card, and tuition.
- Criminal background check
- Work boots Provides HEB gift cards that may be used for any item, except for tobacco, alcohol, and the lottery.
All needs are considered independently on a case-by-case basis, and assistance is dependent on available funds.
Eligibility: People in need, assistance provided once every 6 months, serves people without an ID once only, serves ex-offenders and undocumented
- Does NOT make appointments.
People must sign up for assistance in person on Tuesday mornings only at 6:00am.
Assists approximately 30 people a week.
Once they see 30 people depending on funds available on Tuesday, the remaining people on the sign-up list will be added to the list for the following Tuesday.
Every Tuesday at 8:15am, the list of names from the previous and current week is read, and interviews with applicants begin at 9:00am.
Only people present will be interviewed for assistance, the names of people called but not present will be deleted from the list.
- Current photo ID
- Utility bill for utility assistance
- Lease agreement for rent assistance