Provides limited financial assistance, usually no more than $20-30, to help pay for:
1. Utilities-electric, water, gas, telephone, and utility/telephone hookup fees.
2. Housing expenses-rent including rent for transitional housing, rental deposits usually for Section 8 clients, first month\'s rent, mortgage, and moving costs. Occasionally assists with storage fees.
3. Medical expenses-prescriptions, medical bills, dental bills, eye exam bills, and eyeglasses.
4. Transportation expenses-gasoline vouchers, Capital Metro single-use and monthly bus passes/tickets, and limited partial one-way, long-distance bus ticket assistance.
5. Identification expenses-Texas ID cards, Texas driver\'s licenses, and birth certificates.
6. Education expenses-GED test and classes, school supplies HEB card, and tuition.
7. Criminal background check8. Work boots Provides HEB gift cards that may be used for any item, except for tobacco, alcohol, and the lottery.
All needs are considered independently on a case-by-case basis, and assistance is dependent on available funds.
Eligibility: People in need, assistance provided once every 6 months, serves people without an ID once only, serves ex-offenders and undocumented
Intake Procedure: Does NOT make appointments. People must sign up for assistance in person on Tuesday mornings only at 6:00am. Assists approximately 30 people a week. Once they see 30 people depending on funds available on Tuesday, the remaining people on the sign-up list will be added to the list for the following Tuesday. Every Tuesday at 8:15am, the list of names from the previous and current week is read, and interviews with applicants begin at 9:00am. Only people present will be interviewed for assistance, the names of people called but not present will be deleted from the list.
Documents Required: Current photo ID, utility bill for utility assistance, lease agreement for rent assistance
Are you familiar with All Saints Episcopal Church - Loaves and Fishes? Help others out by answering these questions.
209 W. 27th St.
Austin, TX - 78705