About Delmarva Community Services - Delmarva Community Action Center
Last-Modified: 2021-05-19 22:37:56
Delmarva Community Services - Delmarva Community Action Center services offered:
- Providing a local Food Pantry, where individuals or families are provided with groceries once a month, with quantities based on the size of the household.
- Home foreclosure assistance is available to everyone regardless of income.
A counselor will advise a client on how to solve financial issues that could lead to the loss of a home.
- Rental assistance is short-term financial aid.
At budgeting classes, individuals learn how to manage their finances so that even a modest income can provide a secure and pleasant lifestyle.
- Free income tax preparation is especially valuable to low-income citizens, who may not be aware of deductions to which they are entitled.
It also helps them avoid unscrupulous prepares who take advantage of the poor.
- Housing rehabilitation aims to conserve local housing to provide a decent living environment for low-and-moderate income individuals and persons with disabilities.
Some typical repairs under this program include ramps and bathroom retrofit, and other projects related to mobility and access.