About Connections for the Homeless
Counties served: Cook County - Northern Suburbs: Niles Township, Northfield Township(Cook County CoC), City of Evanston(City of Evanston CoC)
Permanent Supportive Housing
- Permanent Supportive Housing links clients to long-term housing subsidies (rent and utilities) combined with long-term case management and access to a range of supportive services. Connections’ Permanent Supportive Housing is offered to chronically homeless individuals and families.
- Connections’ Prevention services keep clients from losing their homes and joining the ranks of the homeless by distributing federal and state funding to households that are in danger of being evicted and providing case management to help them recover from their housing crises and achieve long-term housing stability.
- Re-Housing services for Non-Chronically Homeless Clients help people get into housing through three key programs:
- Street outreach where our staff meet people wherever they may be in the community and focus on assistance in finding and transitioning to housing.
- Ongoing Case Management for housed clients who have re-entered housing (with or without subsidies through Connections) for up to 6 months.
- Hilda’s Place: transitional shelter that provides dormitory-style housing for adult males for up to 90 days, with the goal of moving into housing upon exit.
- The goal is to help clients maximize their self-reliance. Our basic service model utilizes trauma-informed case management to first understand the needs of our clients and then work with them to move them towards self-stability and housing stability. Connections’ supportive services are designed to help clients overcome the specific barriers in their lives – health issues, education, employment, etc. – that stand between them and long-term housing stability, or a maximized level of self-reliance.
Contact for more information.