About Hillsdale County DHS
Last-Modified: 2021-01-07 07:34:22
Hillsdale County DHS provides moving expense assistance, rent payment assistance, rental deposit assistance.
Relocation assistance may include providing money for rent, security deposits and moving expenses for individuals and families.
Eligibility: Low income households with limited assets and one of the following circumstances:
- Household is homeless, living in a shelter, car or on the street
- Household is living temporarily with other persons following a fire or natural disaster that occurred within 60 days of application
- Household is living with other persons to escape domestic violence
- Court summons, order or judgment was issued which will result in household becoming homeless
- Final written notice to vacate condemned housing from an authorized public agency is received
- Household needs adequate housing to avoid a foster care placement or before child(ren) can return home from foster care
- DHS specialist/services worker, with supervisory approval, determines the family must be relocated from unsafe housing for the protection of child(ren)
- Apply in person at local DHS office
- Proof of residence
- Proof of income (earned and unearned) for all permanent household members
- Proof of assets (cash in hand, checking/savings/credit union accounts, etc.)
- Birth certificates
- Social Security cards for all permanent household members
Hours of Operations:
- Monday - Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Hillsdale County DHS Community Questionnaire
Are you familiar with Hillsdale County DHS? Help users like you answer some of the questions they have about Hillsdale County DHS.