About Department of Administration, Division of Planning, Office of Housing and Community Development - RI STATE PROGRAM
Last-Modified: 2020-09-02 12:50:50
Department of Administration, Division of Planning, Office of Housing and Community Development - RI STATE PROGRAM programs includes:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) – an annual allocation from HUD which supports a variety of activities throughout Rhode Island.
- CDBG, Disaster Recovery – special HUD allocations designed to address long-term recovery associated with past disasters including the Floods of 2010 and Hurricane Sandy.
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) – A prior program designed to acquire and rehabilitate properties, revitalizing neighborhoods hardest hit by the foreclosure crisis.
- Consolidated Homeless Fund (CHF), including Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) – A combination of federal, State and local funds used to support emergency shelters and services available to those experiencing the crisis of homelessness.
- CHF, Rental Subsidy Program – program which provides, through non-profit vendors, rental subsidy assistance to those experiencing homelessness, facilitating their placement in permanent housing.
- Building Homes Rhode Island (BHRI) – State affordable housing bond resources used to develop affordable housing opportunities for Rhode Islanders.
- Neighborhood Opportunities Program (NOP) – Currently funded and operated by Rhode Island Housing, this program provides operating subsidies to housing projects, enabling them to serve lower income populations than they could otherwise.