Struggling to pay your rent in York, Maine? You're not alone. We can help you find resources to help you afford your rent, including government programs, non-profit organizations, and crowdfunding websites.
We provide listings of the following:
- Government rental assistance programs
- Non-profit rental assistance programs
- Crowdfunding websites for rental assistance
- How to apply for rental assistance
We did not find any rent assistance agencies in York. Use the search box below to find rent assistance, or view the closest agencies to York. We list the distance of each agency from York. Closest Rent Assistance agencies to York
Due to the small number of rental assistance programs in York we have listed some area listings below.
When contacting a non-profit organization for rental assistance, be sure to ask about the following:
- Eligibility requirements: Who is eligible for rental assistance from the organization?
- Application process: How do you apply for rental assistance?
- Types of assistance offered: Does the organization offer one-time assistance, ongoing assistance, or both?
- How much assistance is offered: How much money can you receive in rental assistance?
- Other resources: Does the organization offer any other resources that may be helpful to you, such as food assistance, job training, or childcare assistance?
To qualify for rental assistance programs from non-profit organizations in Maine, you will typically need to meet the following criteria:
- You must be a renter who is struggling to afford your rent.
- You must have a household income below a certain level, which varies depending on the program.
- You may also need to meet other requirements, such as having a valid Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), or being a U.S. citizen or legal immigrant.
Some non-profit organizations may also have additional requirements, such as:
- You must have been evicted from your home in the past 90 days.
- You must have a disability.
- You must be a veteran.
- You must be a senior citizen.
To apply for a rental assistance program from a non-profit organization, you will typically need to complete an application and provide documentation of your income, assets, and household composition. You may also need to provide a copy of your lease agreement and proof of any financial hardship that you are experiencing.