About Prince George's County Department of Housing and Community Development
Last-Modified: 2021-08-19 00:42:45
OVERVIEW: Provides information about DHCD Programs, local housing
issues and housing industry trends and analysis; Administers federal
grants such as the Community Development Block Grant, HOME Investment
Partnerships, Neighborhood Stabilization Program, Emergency Solutions
Grant, Housing For Persons With Aids and Weatherization Assistance
1) SINGLE AND MULTI-FAMILY HOUSING REHABILITATION
PROGRAMS: Provides rehabilitation loan programs for eligible single
family homeowners and multi-family rental projects.
2) DOWNPAYMENT AND CLOSING COST ASSISTANCE PROGRAM: Provides
downpayment and closing cost assistance to eligible home buyers.
3) RENTAL ASSISTANCE (SECTION 8): Issues vouchers to eligible
individuals/families in order to find housing of their choice.
Presently, program is not accepting new applications.
4) PUBLIC HOUSING FOR SENIORS/DISABLED: For eligible persons ages 62
and older and single adults with medically certifiable disabilities.
5) WEATHERIZATION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM: Provides free installation of
energy conservation measures to income-eligible County residents.
Federal Income Limits for Housing Choice Voucher Program:
Provides information about DHCD Programs, local housing issues and housing industry trends