About JD Breast Cancer Foundation
Last-Modified: 2020-12-14 08:07:54
Provides financial assistance to those who have been diagnosed with breast cancer.
Will provide funds for the following:
- Housing: rent, mortgage, property tax payments;
- Utilities: gas, electric, existing phone service;
- Transportation: gasoline, car repairs, bus and taxi fare.
- Provides gift cards for various stores that may be used for food and pharmacy purchases.
- Can also assist with the purchase of necessary medical supplies.
- May provide financial assistance for other needs on a case-by-case basis.
- Payment is made directly to the debtor or service provider.
- Maximum amount of assistance varies as determined by need.
HOW SERVICE IS PROVIDED: By mail; by phone.
WHO QUALIFIES: Individuals with breast cancer diagnosis in Cuyahoga, Lorain, and Lake Counties with demonstrated financial needs or hardship, or who are unable to work. May help clients from other counties on a case-by-case basis. Clients are eligible within six months of active treatment or surgery, or if they are taking maintenance drugs.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Copies of outstanding bills, rent, mortgage. Completed application signed by client and licensed medical social worker, doctor, or registered nurse.
HOW TO ACCESS: Must have referral from licensed medical social worker, physician, or registered nurse. Phone for information or to request application 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week; leave a message and the call will be returned within one business day. May also download application from Web-site. Completed application must then be mailed or faxed back. Applicant will be contacted within 60 days as to the status of their application (may be faster in certain emergency situations).
SERVICE CONTACT PERSON: Whoever answers the phone can assist
SITE DESCRIPTION: Provides supportive services for those diagnosed with and survivors of breast cancer. Provides emergency financial assistance to individuals with breast cancer. Also offers informative public events that address various breast cancer issues.
Mission Statement: The JD Breast Cancer Foundation enhances survivorship through financial assistance and support.
Hours of operation: M-F: 9:00am-4:00pm
JD Breast Cancer Foundation Community Questionnaire
Are you familiar with JD Breast Cancer Foundation? Help users like you answer some of the questions they have about JD Breast Cancer Foundation.