About The Arc Housing Access Service
Last-Modified: 2023-06-16 00:31:26
The Arc's Housing Access Service helps eligible Minnesota adults with disabilities seek and locate suitable, affordable and accessible housing.
This service helps to move into community-based independent living (such as an apartment or home - not into a facility).
- Go with you when you look for housing
- Help fill out rental applications and lease agreements
- Meet with you and landlord or property staff
- Have knowledge of applications for publicly financed housing
- Help make a household budget
- Help to find affordable furniture and other household needs
For people on waiver programs, there are also limited funds for one-time costs needed to move into independent living - such as rent deposit, furnishings or movers.
Adult Minnesotans of all ages who have been assessed and determined to be eligible for Minnesota Medicaid home care or waiver services and who want to move to homes of their own.
Office hours: 8am - 4pm, Monday - Thursday and by appointment.
Type of Client Preferred:
Adults with disabilities
Dodge, Fillmore, Goodhue, Houston, Olmsted, Rice, Wabasha, and Winona Counties
Mission Statement: The Arc Minnesota Southeast Region promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. People with disabilities and their families trust The Arc for information, assistance, education, and public policy leadership.