About Department of Community Development - Niagara Falls
Offers 4 housing programs:
1. Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
Niagara Falls is a HUD entitlement community. The City receives annual CDBG funds to develop viable neighborhoods with decent housing, a suitable living environment, and real economic opportunities, especially for the low- and moderate-income population.
2. Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME)
The HOME Program makes housing rehabilitation and homeownership investments throughout the City of Niagara Falls. HOME's flexibility empowers people and communities to design and implement strategies tailored to their own needs and priorities.
3. Emergency Solutions Grant Program (ESG)
The purpose of the ESG program is to assist individuals and families quickly regain stability in permanent housing after experiencing a housing crisis or homelessness.
4. Section 8 Housing Program
CD’s Section 8 Program is designed to achieve four major goals:
1. Provide Improved living conditions for very low-income families while maintain their rent payments at an affordable level.
2. To Promote Freedom of Housing Choice and a Spatial De-Concentration of Lower Income and Minority Families.
3. To Provide Decent, Safe and Sanitary Housing for Eligible Participants.
4. To Provide an Incentive to Private Owners to Rent to Lower Income Families by Offering Timely Assistance Payments
Any questions, please contact the facility.