General assistance helps Arapahoe County residents with emergency
situations and is available to individuals who are not currently
receiving public assistance. The program varies with each situation and
may assist with the following emergency needs:
- Burial costs
- Emergency help with utility bills
- Heating bills (not available during LEAP season if payment received for current year)
- Rent (not eligible if receiving subsidized housing assistance)
- Transportation (bus tokens or pass)
assistance also can be used for other emergencies, depending on the
situation and availability of funding. Funding is not always available.
An individual may only receive general assistance once in a 12-month
To be eligible for general assistance, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of Arapahoe County
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal U.S. resident who is:
- Disabled, or
- Over the age of 60 years
- Complete an application for financial assistance.
- Meet the income requirements of 133 percent of Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Have not received General Assistance within the past 12 months.
- Not currently be receiving benefits from a cash assistance program
How to Apply
apply for General Assistance, please request an application at our
Aurora or Littleton Human Services office. You will need to undergo an
interview to determine if you qualify and if funds are available.
Applicants also will receive information about additional community
resources in the area.
Their office is available Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm to assist you.
Free Government Money Programs For Your Family
Get Started Now
Find Rent Assistance
Select a state:
Enter a zip code:
See all news
Massachusetts HomeBASE Program
HomeBASE (Building Alternatives to Shelter) is a new Massachusetts state program that provides permanent housing to homeless families. The state...
Complaints and Frequently Asked Questions
Who owns and operates RentAssistance.us?
RentAssistance is a privately owned website and is not associated with any...
Get Help Paying Your Rent
The monthly rent payment is typically the largest expense that comes out of your pocket every month. In today's economy where people are...
How Can I Get Section 8?
As I am sure you are aware, the Section 8 program (RAP) is a hud government funded program offered by housing authorities. The Section 8 program is...