General assistance helps Arapahoe County residents with emergency
situations and is available to individuals who are not currently
receiving public assistance. The program varies with each situation and
may assist with the following emergency needs:
- Burial costs
- Emergency help with utility bills
- Heating bills (not available during LEAP season if payment received for current year)
- Rent (not eligible if receiving subsidized housing assistance)
- Transportation (bus tokens or pass)
assistance also can be used for other emergencies, depending on the
situation and availability of funding. Funding is not always available.
An individual may only receive general assistance once in a 12-month
To be eligible for general assistance, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of Arapahoe County
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal U.S. resident who is:
- Disabled, or
- Over the age of 60 years
- Complete an application for financial assistance.
- Meet the income requirements of 133 percent of Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Have not received General Assistance within the past 12 months.
- Not currently be receiving benefits from a cash assistance program
How to Apply
apply for General Assistance, please request an application at our
Aurora or Littleton Human Services office. You will need to undergo an
interview to determine if you qualify and if funds are available.
Applicants also will receive information about additional community
resources in the area.
Their office is available Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm to assist you.
Find Rent Assistance
Select a state:
Enter a zip code:
WIN $50,000 INSTANTLY
Can you use an extra $50,000? Submit your email and participate for free in monthly drawings.
No Purchase Necessary.
Prize insured by SCA Promotions and paid out by Citibank.
Enter For Free Now