About Norwalk Economic Opportunity Now - Main Office
Last-Modified: 2020-12-25 09:18:57
Mondays through Fridays 9am - 5pm.
Norwalk Economic Opportunity Now provides a variety of programs and services to those in need within the surrounding community.
These programs include:
- Eviction Prevention Services
- Energy Assistance
- Employment training
Please contact them directly for a full listing of services available as well as eligibility requirements and their application process.
Eviction Prevention Program - Foreclosure Prevention Program (efpp)
EFPP offers assessment, mediation, and financial assistance for low income Connecticut residents experiencing a non-recurring, unexpected hardship who have past due rent or mortgage payments and who have received a notice to quit or notice of foreclosure.
The amount of assistance is determined on a case by case basis; however, the maximum allowable grant is $1200.
The amount of arrearage is one determinant of the amount of the grant; it is possible that people with very high arrears may not be able to be helped.
This is NOT an entitlement program.
- Resident of New Canaan, Norwalk, Weston, Westport, Wilton experiencing a non-recurring, unexpected, documentable hardship.
- MUST have received a notice to quit or notice of foreclosure
- Income must be at or below 60% of the state median income
- Monthly rent/mortgage cannot exceed 60% of gross monthly income
- Must be able to document a severe hardship which is not chronic or recurring
- Landlord must be willing to cooperate with mediation process
- Other restrictions may apply
Mission Statement: Our mission is to reduce the conditions of poverty and to help low income families and residents to become self sufficient through the delivery of direct program services and advocacy at the state, federal and community level. NEON believes any social service program should not be a hand out but rather a hand up to a better life. NEON has adopted the motto of, "Give a Man a Fish and He'll Eat for a Day, Teach a man How to Fish and He'll Eat for a lifetime."
Hours of operation:
- Monday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday closed
- Sunday closed
Norwalk Economic Opportunity Now - Main Office Community Questionnaire
Are you familiar with Norwalk Economic Opportunity Now - Main Office ? Help users like you answer some of the questions they have about Norwalk Economic Opportunity Now - Main Office .