111 Union St.
Roscommon, MI - 48653
Services: Moving Expense Assistance, Rent Payment Assistance, Rental Deposit Assistance.
Relocation assistance may include providing money for rent, rent arrearage, security deposits and moving expenses for individuals and families.
Eligibility: Low income households with limited assets and one of the following circumstances:
- Household is homeless, living in a shelter, car or on the street
- Household is living temporarily with other persons following a fire or natural disaster that occurred within 60 days of application
- Household is living with other persons to escape domestic violence
- Court summons, order or judgment was issued which will result in household becoming homeless
- Final written notice to vacate condemned housing from an authorized public agency is received
- Household needs adequate housing to avoid a foster care placement or before child(ren) can return home from foster care
- DHS specialist/services worker, with supervisory approval, determines the family must be relocated from unsafe housing for the protection of child(ren)
Application process:Apply in person at local DHS office
Documents required:- Proof of residence
- Proof of income (earned and unearned) for all permanent household members
- Proof of assets (cash in hand, checking/savings/credit union accounts, etc.)
- Birth certificates
- Social Security cards for all permanent household members
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm