Services: Moving Expense Assistance, Rent Payment Assistance, Rental Deposit Assistance.
Relocation assistance may include providing money for rent, security deposits and moving expenses for individuals and families.
Eligibility: Low income households with limited assets and one of the following circumstances:
- Household is homeless, living in a shelter, car or on the street
- Household is living temporarily with other persons following a fire or natural disaster that occurred within 60 days of application
- Household is living with other persons to escape domestic violence
- Court summons, order or judgment was issued which will result in household becoming homeless
- Final written notice to vacate condemned housing from an authorized public agency is received
- Household needs adequate housing to avoid a foster care placement or before child(ren) can return home from foster care
- DHS specialist/services worker, with supervisory approval, determines the family must be relocated from unsafe housing for the protection of child(ren)
Application process:Apply in person at local DHS office
Documents required:- Proof of residence
- Proof of income (earned and unearned) for all permanent household members
- Proof of assets (cash in hand, checking/savings/credit union accounts, etc.)
- Birth certificates
- Social Security cards for all permanent household members
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Select a state:
Enter a zip code:
HomeBASE (Building Alternatives to Shelter) is a new Massachusetts state program that provides permanent housing to homeless families. The state...
Who owns and operates RentAssistance.us?
RentAssistance is a privately owned website and is not associated with any...
The monthly rent payment is typically the largest expense that comes out of your pocket every month. In today's economy where people are...
Are you planning to take out a mortgage loan in 2012? You must be aware of the fact that the mortgage rates are at record lows. However,...